- (2) Pewter Banner Stamping Blanks
- Horseshoe Design Stamp
- Star Design Stamp
- Hole Punch Pliers
- Chain Nose Pliers
- Round Nose Pliers
- Flush Cutters
- Ergo-Angle Hammer
- Steel Block
- Stamp Enamel
- Polishing Cloth (or other soft cloth)
- 20 Gauge Wire
- (2) Earring Wires
- (2) Turquoise Beads (drilled)
Stamp horseshoe and star on both ends of the two banner blanks.
Watch Metal Stamping Basics for more.
Use Stamp Enamel to make the impressions stand out.
See Stamp Enamel for tips and instructions.
Use the hole punch pliers to punch a hole in the middle of each banner blank.
Bend the banner blanks gently, using your fingers, around a 1/2 inch dowel, or anything else that is about 1/2 inch in diameter (like the handle of a chasing hammer).
Use the round-nose pliers to make a small loop at the end of a 1 inch piece of 20 gauge wire.
Thread the wire through the center hole of one of the banner blanks.
Use the round-nose pliers to make a loop on the other end of the wire.
- Hold the wire close to the top of the banner blank with the round-nose pliers.
- Wrap the wire around the pliers tightly to make a second small loop on top
- Use the flush cutters to trim the excess wire.
Repeat steps 5, 6 and 7 for the second earring.
Attach the bead to the earring.
- Thread a 2 inch piece of 20 gauge wire though one end of the banner blank.
- Thread one turquoise bead onto the wire.
- Thread the wire through the other end of the blank
Use the round-nose pliers to make a loops on both ends of the wire.
- Wrap the wire tightly around the round-nose pliers.
- Use the flush cutters to trim the excess.
- Repeat this on the other end of the wire.
Repeat Steps 9 and 10 for the second earring.
Use the chain-nose pliers to attach earring wires to the top loop on each earring.